ER8411 error DHCP

ER8411 error DHCP
ER8411 error DHCP
2024-06-09 20:36:27
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1_1.2.1 Build 20240308

-- Management mode Controller v5.13.30.8

When I make a reservation in the DHCP of a client already connected to the network, even if I disconnect the client for a few minutes, when I reconnect it, it keeps the IP that was initially granted and not the new one that I have assigned.

In order for it to work, I have to restart the router.

Options
1 Reply
Re:ER8411 error DHCP
2024-06-11 01:26:58

Hi @Nebur692 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Don't know what kind of device that is.

So, refer to this first: How Does DHCP Work? Common Questions and Solutions

You probably need a new DHCP discovery to work. Usually, reboot the client would do it. But if it does not, it means the client does not actively request a new IP address(discovery) after the reboot. It is strange.

If you need to find out the reason why, we need to Wirehshark and find out if it is either your client does not request the new IP or it is the router did not respond with the new IP.

How to capture packets using Wireshark on SMB router or switch

How to Use Port Mirror to Capture Packets in the Controller

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options