Access controll for online students

2024-06-13 17:45:28 - last edited 2024-06-17 01:53:56
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Greetings all

I have a TP-LINK ER605 VPN router and I am wondering if there is a way to set it up to access specific websites and restrict access to all other sites for certain computers. My kids do online schooling and I want to restrict their Internet access so that they only have access to their school site during the time they are meant to be doing school work. Any help setting this up would be appreciated. Thank you.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Access controll for online students -Solution
2024-06-14 02:08:09 - last edited 2024-06-17 01:53:56

Hi @Jean-P 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

URL filter might be what you need. You have to filter all other sites but allow some school sites.

How to Configure Web Filtering to Block Sites

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Access controll for online students -Solution
2024-06-14 02:08:09 - last edited 2024-06-17 01:53:56

Hi @Jean-P 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

URL filter might be what you need. You have to filter all other sites but allow some school sites.

How to Configure Web Filtering to Block Sites

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 202

Replies: 1

Related Articles