Configuration for 3 floors guesthouse

2024-07-11 14:36:38 - last edited 2024-07-12 09:48:21
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have some basic setting questions concerning EAP225. Not long ago I installed 4 pcs EAP225 accesspoint devices in a multi-storey guest house. There are two internet provideres. The TL-R470T+ (Desktop Load Balance Broadband Router) is connected with a switch. AEP225 devices are conected with the switch.

schema

The bulding has three leveles. The EAP225 access points are all floors.

building

Questions:

• Can I set all EAP225 devices all chanels (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) the same SSID and password? The aim is that the users' devices decide which EAP device and channel to connect.
  • Will the users experience the seamles roaming with this simple solution? Or anyway I need OC200 Omada Hardware Controller for the seamles roaming? (I don't want to confuse the users to see in their device displayer several available WIFI e.g.: kitchen 2.4 GHz; kitchen 5GHz; big conferenc room 2.4 GHz; big conferenc room 2.4 GHz;...etc.)

Thanks,

Palko

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Configuration for 3 floors guesthouse-Solution
2024-07-12 06:12:26 - last edited 2024-07-12 09:48:21

Hi  @Palko 

Omada controller fits your requirements, including the same SSID, different channel, and fast roaming requirements.

On the Omada controller, you can configure all the access points centrally, and fast roaming is one of the advanced features of Omada controller.

For your reference, you can access the emulator of the web interface of our Omada controller from the following link:

https://emulator.tp-link.com/emulator-v5.13/index.html#siteSettings

What's more, clients won't display multiple SSIDs unless you created multiple different ones.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Configuration for 3 floors guesthouse-Solution
2024-07-12 06:12:26 - last edited 2024-07-12 09:48:21

Hi  @Palko 

Omada controller fits your requirements, including the same SSID, different channel, and fast roaming requirements.

On the Omada controller, you can configure all the access points centrally, and fast roaming is one of the advanced features of Omada controller.

For your reference, you can access the emulator of the web interface of our Omada controller from the following link:

https://emulator.tp-link.com/emulator-v5.13/index.html#siteSettings

What's more, clients won't display multiple SSIDs unless you created multiple different ones.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Configuration for 3 floors guesthouse
2024-07-12 09:47:04
Dear Vincent-TP, Thanks.
Options