Multiple VLANS

Multiple VLANS
Multiple VLANS
2024-07-26 14:06:27 - last edited 2024-07-29 01:41:35
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

In the past the VLAN that were created on Omada, security wise it behaved as a standard 'open' VLAN. These VLAN had to be secured by ACL's to prohibit access between the VLAN's.

What's the default of the Multiple VLAN's. Do they also need an ACL in place for security, or did TP-Link finally learn from their 'mistakes' and make their VLAN's default 'closed'.

Hope to hear soon, because I didn't find any documentation on this matter.

Regards, Funnos

Options
1 Reply
Re:Multiple VLANS
2024-07-29 01:39:47 - last edited 2024-07-29 01:41:23

Hi @Fun_nos 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

802.1Q VLAN is different from the VLAN interface.

VLAN interface is not restricted, in the past, and now. I don't know what you discuss in this thread. What lesson? It is still the same. I hope to see more details if you want to discuss this and make sure you are configured on your site properly.

You can post some screenshots for illustration.

And this explains the differences.

Common Questions About 802.1Q VLAN

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 153

Replies: 1

Related Articles