VPN IPSec Failover

VPN IPSec Failover

VPN IPSec Failover
VPN IPSec Failover
2024-07-27 06:45:41 - last edited 2024-07-30 01:28:27
Tags: #VPN

Hi, is there a way to configure the VPN IPSec Failover for Omada GUI ?

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/3575/ this is for standalone mode and i cannot get to work with my setup.

i have both site with both two active wan, my current setup is site-to-site with Manual IPsec and with multple subnets.

If i change this to Auto IPSec could i get what i am looking for?

It is getting a little bit of annoying switching manually.

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:VPN IPSec Failover-Solution
2024-07-29 01:31:30 - last edited 2024-07-30 01:28:27

Hi @Jeesoon1 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Proceed with the manual creation of the tunnel and follow the guide standalone. The parameters should be matched in two tunnels. Then you go back to the page and choose them.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:VPN IPSec Failover-Solution
2024-07-29 01:31:30 - last edited 2024-07-30 01:28:27

Hi @Jeesoon1 

Proceed with the manual creation of the tunnel and follow the guide standalone. The parameters should be matched in two tunnels. Then you go back to the page and choose them.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:VPN IPSec Failover
2024-07-29 08:01:54

@Clive_A 

Thank you, this works.

Another question, does this need to be create for every subnet ?

Options
2024-07-30 01:28:21

Hi @Jeesoon1 

Jeesoon1 wrote

@Clive_A 

Thank you, this works.

Another question, does this need to be create for every subnet ?

Aren't the subnets picked during IPsec creation?

You can have multiple subnets picked.

Options
2024-07-30 05:53:07

@Clive_A 

Hi, unfortunately as per the guide the policy should use the IKEv1 which a single subnet only.

This is the warning when adding a either remote subnet or local networks

Options
2024-07-31 01:17:31

Hi @Jeesoon1

Jeesoon1 wrote

@Clive_A 

Hi, unfortunately as per the guide the policy should use the IKEv1 which a single subnet only.

This is the warning when adding a either remote subnet or local networks

Then use IKEv2. The guide did not use it because it does not require more than one subnet.

In different situation, play differently. The baseline is still the guide.

Options
2024-07-31 01:53:21

@Clive_A 

Thanks! that works.

How about if i have both 2 ISP per site? what should be the best approach for this vpn ipsec fail-over ?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 304

Replies: 6

Tags

Related Articles