Proposed TP-Link technoloy stack

2024-08-05 09:15:38 - last edited 2024-08-06 02:30:48

Hi

I am investigating moving to a TP-Link technology stack. I have relatively simple needs with 3 people working from home, limited gaming requirements, and intention to implement security cameras. I don't have much technical knowledge having currently used a combined router / wifi device.

I have provisionally settled on a:

• TL-ER7206 -SafeStream Gigabit Multi-WAN VPN Router,
  • TP-Link Deco X50 AX3000 Home Mesh WiFi 6 Router,

but am still to finalise the Switch.

Ideally I'm looking for a Switch with 8 ports, 4 of which are POE with minimum 30W per port and total POE of 90.  I'm having trouble identifying a suitable device so keen to get some advice on the best way forward.  An unmanaged may suffice but I am unsure as to the consequences of using a n unmanaged device.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Proposed TP-Link technoloy stack-Solution
2024-08-06 02:30:45 - last edited 2024-08-06 02:30:48

Hi @Sheps 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Unmanaged switch means plug-and-play and you are not interested in configuring the switch. Simply needs the Ethernet ports.

So, bear this in mind, you might have a choice.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Proposed TP-Link technoloy stack-Solution
2024-08-06 02:30:45 - last edited 2024-08-06 02:30:48

Hi @Sheps 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Unmanaged switch means plug-and-play and you are not interested in configuring the switch. Simply needs the Ethernet ports.

So, bear this in mind, you might have a choice.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 138

Replies: 1

Related Articles