ER605 Hardware Version

ER605 Hardware Version

ER605 Hardware Version
ER605 Hardware Version
2024-08-06 20:39:55 - last edited 2024-08-09 00:39:37
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2 Build 20230210 Rel.62992

I have an ER605(UN) Ver 2.6 (per the serial number sticker) Omada Gigabit VPN Router.  The management UI indicates the hardware version is 2.0.  I've tried the latest firmware update for 2.6 and 2.0 and both fail.

1. Which version indicator should I trust?
  2. Must you install each available firmware update in sequence, or should I be able to just install the latest?

Current firmware version: 2.1.2 Build 20230210 Rel.62992

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:ER605 Hardware Version-Solution
2024-08-07 01:03:35 - last edited 2024-08-09 00:39:37

Hi @Hacek 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Hacek wrote

I found this article: Common Questions About the Hardware Version and Firmware Update - Business Community (tp-link.com) 

It looks like v2.6 on the label is actually v2.0, but built in a different factory location? How does that impact which firmware update to check? There's both a V2.0 and V2.6. Is that guided solely by what the management UI says for hardware version?

It is what you read.

About the other questions you asked, is the guide not properly explained? I expect some feedback so I can improve it.

As I have written that X.0 = X.6 and are identical. Would this be answering what you asked?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-08-09 00:39:21 - last edited 2024-08-09 00:39:40

Hi @Hacek 

Hacek wrote

@Clive_A The page for downloading firmware has a dropdown for hardware version, which includes V2.6 and V2. Based on the above, I assume V2 would be the correct selection.

The upgrade fails when I tried ER605(UN)_V2_2.2.5 Build 20240522. I tried both methods: web UI and USB. Progress bar never passes 0%.

There are several firmware updates on the page (the other two being: ER605(UN)_V2_2.2.4 Build 20240119 and ER605(UN)_V2_2.2.3 Build 20231201).

Do I need to update with each successive update from oldest to newest, or is the latest meant to be a cumulative update?

You are correct about this. As you can see, you can find out the release note on the official website which shows you what should be paid attention to.

The forum archives the official releases. You can look it up on the forum and download it from there.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:ER605 Hardware Version
2024-08-06 20:56:04

I found this article: Common Questions About the Hardware Version and Firmware Update - Business Community (tp-link.com) 

It looks like v2.6 on the label is actually v2.0, but built in a different factory location? How does that impact which firmware update to check? There's both a V2.0 and V2.6. Is that guided solely by what the management UI says for hardware version?

Options
2024-08-07 01:03:35 - last edited 2024-08-09 00:39:37

Hi @Hacek 

Hacek wrote

It is what you read.

About the other questions you asked, is the guide not properly explained? I expect some feedback so I can improve it.

As I have written that X.0 = X.6 and are identical. Would this be answering what you asked?

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-08-07 16:30:52

@Clive_A The page for downloading firmware has a dropdown for hardware version, which includes V2.6 and V2. Based on the above, I assume V2 would be the correct selection.

The upgrade fails when I tried ER605(UN)_V2_2.2.5 Build 20240522. I tried both methods: web UI and USB. Progress bar never passes 0%.

There are several firmware updates on the page (the other two being: ER605(UN)_V2_2.2.4 Build 20240119 and ER605(UN)_V2_2.2.3 Build 20231201).

Do I need to update with each successive update from oldest to newest, or is the latest meant to be a cumulative update?

Options
2024-08-09 00:39:21 - last edited 2024-08-09 00:39:40

Hi @Hacek 

Hacek wrote

You are correct about this. As you can see, you can find out the release note on the official website which shows you what should be paid attention to.

The forum archives the official releases. You can look it up on the forum and download it from there.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-08-09 15:00:58

@Clive_A Thank you. I was able to install each firmware update in succession to now be on 2.2.5 Build 20240522 Rel.75860.

One suggestion is to please include a firmware prerequisite for each firmware update available. In this case for the ER605, only the middle firmware update had such a note.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 380

Replies: 5

Related Articles