Wan IP with several virtuAL WAN IPS

2024-08-09 12:15:13
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

Our ISP gives us one static IP of 127.x.x.x/31 and several virtual Ips of 24.x.x.x/29. How do we set that up in the ER8411. I understand that in order to use the wan alias feature the Ips have to be in the same subnet as the first IP. Not sure how to proceed.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wan IP with several virtuAL WAN IPS
2024-08-11 04:00:35

Hi  @pccowboy 

127.X is not a proper IP address.

I am not sure how you use it. If you have any questions about 127.X IP, please refer it to the Google.

I am also not following the virtual IP you referred. What does it mean? I don't think any features should be used at this moment as things are unclear.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options