No audio with IMOU (Duhau) third party camera
No audio with IMOU (Duhau) third party camera
2024-08-10 05:38:08 - last edited 2024-08-11 18:31:46
Model: VIGI NVR1008H  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: VIGI NVR1008H(UN)_V2.20_1.1.0 Build 240411 Rel.68081n

Hi,

My VIGI NVR1008H(UN) HW is V2.20 not is the List

I have three IMOU Cameras that are on the network and have worked with out any problem with ispy (Agent) surveillance software. Now i decided to freeup my PC and got this NVR as i will be adding more cameras to the setup. But just like the old thread for HW V1 that was never solved (Link) looks like TP-Link is not interested in making their product work with 3rd party cameras. I have tried to setup Onvif and rtsp, in the log of the NVR is says" [RTSP Progress]Channel No: 1 URL: rtsp://192.xxx.xxx.xxx:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif ". This same url audio works with VLC media player and my old ispy software, but tp-link does not decode the audio in the stream.

Do you have any plans to fix this issue or should i simply through the nvr in with garbage. I am sure has hell not buying TP-Link Camera just because i have TP-Link NVR.

If you do fix my existing issue, then i may think of buying Tp-Link Camera's.

Regards,

RB

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:No audio with IMOU (Duhau) third party camera -Solution
2024-08-11 18:12:59 - last edited 2024-08-11 18:31:46

Hi  @Clive_A ,

Can you provide me the data sheet. PM Please.

The info that you gave did help, changing the Audio codec to G.711A in my camera fixed the issue.

Thanks a Lot.

For people who may find this helpful

The IMOU Config Tool was of no help, it did not have the option to change the Audio Codec type.

I had to search the web to find the Duhau Config Tool to actually change the Audio type.

These cameras have AAC as default, which is better but Tp-Link does not support AAC on the NVR.

IMOU Camera does support AAC, PMC, G.711A. G.711Mu but have to be changed using the Duhau tool.

Regards,

RB

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:No audio with IMOU (Duhau) third party camera
2024-08-11 04:23:38

Hi  @RohitB 

Based on the datasheet, I recall that we support audio format:

G.711A/G.711U/G.726

Does Dahua use this audio format? If they are not compatible in this parameter, that might be the case for the no audio.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Re:No audio with IMOU (Duhau) third party camera -Solution
2024-08-11 18:12:59 - last edited 2024-08-11 18:31:46

Hi  @Clive_A ,

The info that you gave did help, changing the Audio codec to G.711A in my camera fixed the issue.

Thanks a Lot.

The IMOU Config Tool was of no help, it did not have the option to change the Audio Codec type.

I had to search the web to find the Duhau Config Tool to actually change the Audio type.

These cameras have AAC as default, which is better but Tp-Link does not support AAC on the NVR.

IMOU Camera does support AAC, PMC, G.711A. G.711Mu but have to be changed using the Duhau tool.

Regards,

RB

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:No audio with IMOU (Duhau) third party camera
2024-08-12 00:43:41

Hi @RohitB 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

RohitB wrote

Hi  @Clive_A ,

Thanks a Lot.

Regards,

RB

For the datasheet, you can find it at: https://static.tp-link.com/upload/product-overview/2024/202401/20240123/NVR1008H-8MP(UN)1.20%20Datasheet.pdf

The audio format we support is universal. You can take a look at that one for reference.

Glad to know that you have resolved it.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 216

Replies: 3

Related Articles