Managment VLAN issue

Managment VLAN issue
Managment VLAN issue
2024-08-18 17:53:52 - last edited 2024-08-19 02:27:17
Model: TL-SG3452XP  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7 Build 20231115 Rel.68992

Hello,

I have a switch that is using just one untagged VLAN which is of course at default configured to go out over all ports.

I then set up a VLAN 100 on my router and on the switch. Set VLAN 100 on the switch to go out tagged over the uplink port (50) and untagged over an access port (47) on the switch.

I set up an interface for the switch on VLAN 100 and gave it a static address (no DHCP on this VLAN).

When I connect a computer to the access port configured for this VLAN, I can ping the router. However I cannot reach the switch using the static IP I set, from that same computer connected to the access port.

There are no access controls present. (Access control is disabled).

What am I missing?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Managment VLAN issue-Solution
2024-08-19 02:27:14 - last edited 2024-08-19 02:27:17
Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Managment VLAN issue-Solution
2024-08-19 02:27:14 - last edited 2024-08-19 02:27:17
Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Managment VLAN issue
2024-08-19 03:58:00 - last edited 2024-08-19 03:58:15

@Clive_A 

I'm pretty sure I followed all of those steps except for enabling access control which shouldn't be necessary... I had already reviewed those articles before 

Options
Re:Managment VLAN issue
2024-08-19 05:47:07

Hi @DT777 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

DT777 wrote

@Clive_A 

I'm pretty sure I followed all of those steps except for enabling access control which shouldn't be necessary... I had already reviewed those articles before 

The "management VLAN" is available in the controller mode which is another article. In standalone mode, there is no best matching way like the controller one.

Not sure what you are after. You can try out the controller management VLAN which does not need to configure anything like that.

And be aware of the config when you use the controller mode which you may lose the control to the switch if the management VLAN separates the switch and the controller.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 128

Replies: 3

Related Articles