WiFi upload speed less than 50% of wired upload speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: ER7212PC  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

Hi,

I have setup a new network for home office use cosisting of ER7212PC 3-in-1, and 3 EAP (1 x EAP670(EU) v2.0 and 2 x EAP653(EU) v1.0).

All firmware have been updated to the latest versions.

WAN is a fibre link with 200mbps up and down.

PPPoE is configured on the ER7212PC on WAN3

Initially I did not configure QoS, Rate Limits or Bandwith control,  all setting were left on default.

When I pluged into the LAN with a cable, I get upload and download speeds aligned with the ISP speeds, and inline with previous WiFi setup speeds (use to run through a Deco network with M5 as main router)

When switching to any of the Wireless networks across any of the VLANs I setup, the download speed is as expected, but the upload speed is between 40% and 50% of expected speed.  When running a speedtest (Ookla), the upload speed starts at a high rate (close to what is expected) but continues to then go down (as if it is throttled) until is gets closer to 40% / 50% of expceted rate.

I have since tried setting up various bandwith control settings, rate limiters etc, most of which are set much higher than availalble bandwidth, but with no success.

Any idees where to look for settings to correct this? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:WiFi upload speed less than 50% of wired upload speed
3 weeks ago

Hi @JAMSA 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Is this mistakenly posted on the router page?

If your wired connection does not experience a problem, so it should be a EAP problem where it belongs to the EAP page?

Wireless problems should be posted on the EAP page. Please be noted.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Re:WiFi upload speed less than 50% of wired upload speed
3 weeks ago

Hi @Clive_A,  

I was not sure where to start as the behaviour is not that evident - yes the wired network seems to be more stable, but none of the wifi adjustments see to have any impact - hence the suspision is that the problem starts somewhere upstream.  I will repost it on the EAP threads as well.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 147

Replies: 2

Related Articles