Wifi upload speed 50% below wired network upload

3 weeks ago
Model: EAP670   EAP653  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

Hi,

I have setup a new network for home office use cosisting of ER7212PC 3-in-1, and 3 EAP (1 x EAP670(EU) v2.0 and 2 x EAP653(EU) v1.0).

All firmware have been updated to the latest versions.

WAN is a fibre link with 200mbps up and down.

PPPoE is configured on the ER7212PC on WAN3

Initially I did not configure QoS, Rate Limits or Bandwith control,  all setting were left on default.

When I pluged into the LAN with a cable, I get upload and download speeds aligned with the ISP speeds, and inline with previous WiFi setup speeds (use to run through a Deco network with M5 as main router)

When switching to any of the Wireless networks across any of the VLANs I setup, the download speed is as expected, but the upload speed is between 40% and 50% of expected speed.  When running a speedtest (Ookla), the upload speed starts at a high rate (close to what is expected) but continues to then go down (as if it is throttled) until is gets closer to 40% / 50% of expceted rate.

I have since tried setting up various bandwith control settings, rate limiters etc, most of which are set much higher than availalble bandwidth, but with no success.

Any idees where to look for settings to correct this? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wifi upload speed 50% below wired network upload
3 weeks ago

@JAMSA 

Could you please verify whether this problem affects VLAN1, the default wireless network? Do you also check to see if clients in a VLAN experience slower-than-expected upload speeds when you test the wired speed? Please disconnect the EAP and replace it with a computer, then test the speed of the computer.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Wifi upload speed 50% below wired network upload
a week ago

HI  @Hank21,

I have tested this on VLAN1, but I have also created other VLAN's to test.  Even the VLAN running my IOT devices at 2.4Ghz only does the same - it degregates the upload to about 50% of download.

I have also tested with a LAN cable on the same VLAN.  If I do this, the speed is full duplex with down and up roughly the same.

Options