Omada Devices Supported by Omada Cloud Essentials

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: ER7212PC   TL-SG2008  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20240716 Rel.80083

Why Integrated router & JetStream Smart Switch models: ER7212PC & TL-SG2008 not supported by Cloud Essentials?

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Omada Devices Supported by Omada Cloud Essentials-Solution

Hi @teowk1 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

7212PC is already a local controller. You should add it to the cloud platform where it is free and there instead of binding it to another cloud controller. The "controller" duplicates.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options

Hi @teowk1 

teowk1 wrote

@Clive_A 

I have unbound the 7212pc from TP-Link cloud account and created a new Cloud Based Controller and applied a 30days trial license.

Below is the error after added into the new Cloud Based Controller : "This device type does not support adding via SN code."

It is literally what it writes. It does not support it. You can check out the list below. First link contains the compatible list as well.

General questions about Omada's Cloud-Based Controller

How to discover and manage Omada Devices via Cloud-Based Controller

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply

Hi @teowk1 

7212PC is already a local controller. You should add it to the cloud platform where it is free and there instead of binding it to another cloud controller. The "controller" duplicates.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Omada Devices Supported by Omada Cloud Essentials

@Clive_A 

I have unbound the 7212pc from TP-Link cloud account and created a new Cloud Based Controller and applied a 30days trial license.

Below is the error after added into the new Cloud Based Controller : "This device type does not support adding via SN code."

Error

Options

Hi @teowk1 

teowk1 wrote

@Clive_A 

It is literally what it writes. It does not support it. You can check out the list below. First link contains the compatible list as well.

General questions about Omada's Cloud-Based Controller

How to discover and manage Omada Devices via Cloud-Based Controller

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Omada Devices Supported by Omada Cloud Essentials
a week ago

@teowk1 

Update:

Essentials Cloud-Based Controller support TL-SG2008. So hopefully Essentials webpage can update such infor in device compatibility list. Below is the evidence:

BTW, I understand that a Cloud-Based Controllers (be it a Cloud Essential or Cloud Standard) should not manage another Hardware Based Controller like ER7212PC. However, it is also functioning as a Gateway/Router which, by right should support management via Cloud. ER7212PC has a premium price tag & the reason I still purchased it is because it has PoE function, which allow me to test and power up EAP at places without power source and moreover, I don't have to spend more money to buy a more expensive PoE capable omada managed switch to power up my EAP.

Therefore, I really hope TP-Link team can consider finding a solution to allow ER7212PC management via the Cloud-Based Controllers. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 145

Replies: 4

Related Articles