Intermittent internet connection

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20220114 Rel.76871

Hi Expert,

Recently we are having issue with the Intermittent connection. First I though it is because I'm adding another site to site vpn (IPsec) but after disable it still causing intermittent internet.

So I did trace route to all devices. Surprisingly there is not connection loss/packet loss. So next thing I call ISP to check on it, they said not issue on their ends.

So I did few more step to troubleshoot. Connection my laptop directly to the router - result still persist.

Is there a way for me to find the source of issue from this TP Link ER605.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Intermittent internet connection
a week ago

Hi @AmirulRahman 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Troubleshooting Techniques for Laymen

Try that out.

So, it should be checking if this is a LAN or WAN issue. From the client to the router, from the router to the ISP modem, modem to ISP. All of them need to be examined.

Basic ping commands have been explained in the guide.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options