Switch port stop working suddenly

Saturday - last edited Wednesday

Hello i am using tp link switches a lot.

Some times i experience the problem below:

While switch working and all ports led indicators are on ,suddenly 1 port goes off and led indicator goes off as well.

If i move the utp cable to another port it works fine.

Also if i swap with another cable to faulty port turns on again.

Why this might happens?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Switch port stop working suddenly-Solution
Monday - last edited Wednesday

Hi @dbSoft 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. Cable issue if you did not change the down/uplink.

2. If you have connected the network in a loop, you'll have something similar to this.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Switch port stop working suddenly-Solution
Monday - last edited Wednesday

Hi @dbSoft 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. Cable issue if you did not change the down/uplink.

2. If you have connected the network in a loop, you'll have something similar to this.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options