DHCP pool IPs exhausted - No log entries

Yesterday - last edited Yesterday
Model: ER707-M2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20240324 Rel.42799

Hi all

Some days ago a client of mine notified me that they were having problems with the network. It seemed that the problem was that our DHCP pool was exhausted and were not enough available IPs to give to the user. I understand how to solve this problem, widening the IP pool or moving to another subnet, but this is not the issue.

The problem is that I could not find anywhere in the logs that event. Maybe I missed the notification setting, but I cannot find where to enable to get an event or alert whenever the pool is exhausted and the router cannot lease an IP. I guess that's what's happening, because the client computer gets an invalid local fallback address like 169 or whatever that windows provides (sorry I don't remember). But I cannot find anywhere in the logs that this is the reason and is just an educated guess.

Is there some way for me to find out in the logs?

Thanks!!

Options
1 Reply
Re:DHCP pool IPs exhausted - No log entries
Yesterday

Hi @digitalFounders 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

If you can make sure you've enabled related functions in the log, but it still has nothing about the DHCP running out. You can consider the Syslog function.

Syslog would give more detailed information and logs than the log system you see in the controller(mainly due to the hardware limitation).

Syslog is powerful and can get some specific information than the built-in log. See if you have the information you want in the syslog.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 32

Replies: 1

Related Articles