Problemas con EAP650

Problemas con EAP650

Problemas con EAP650
Problemas con EAP650
Wednesday
Model: EAP650  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.15

I have a net with Starlink, a router ER605, an AP EAP650, controlled with a OC200. I have conected only 6 devices, all to the 5G channel, but when I check the 2.4G channel this is very busy, betwen 50 and 90%. When I try to connect me PC (only 2.4G) this one connects ok, but doesn´t have internet.

I need help. Is not possible a busy channel with only 6 devices all in the 5G. The wifi channel is set in auto.

Sorry about my english.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Problemas con EAP650
Thursday

Hi  @Martin19852 

2.4G and 5G are independent. It is not due to 5G clients, it should be due to more 2.4G clients in the network, we recommend you to change to a relatively clean 2.4G channel to use according to the following guide:

How to optimize wireless performance of EAP products

Options
Thursday

@Vincent-TP I know they are independent. The 5G works perfectly. The 2.4G has only one cliente connected, the client is my PC and I can´t work with it. I have 30 seconds of good internet and then 1 minute of nothing. I do ping to the antena (EAP650) and nothing. I check the OC200 from my cellphone and show me the 2.4 very busy, up to 90% and only my PC connected and without internet.

I already try the channel selection in auto and manualy almost all channels.

Options
Thursday
Could be other local noise in the unlicensed 2.4G band. Even if there are no other 2.4G APs around, other devices like wireless cameras can make a real mess. Since you have starlink I will assume you ate in a relatively remote area unlikely to gave neighbours etc competing for the 2.4zG channels. I suggest you power everything off on site so that just the Starlink, Omada are powered. Validate that channels still show as very busy. If not, power up, circuit by circuit waiting 2+ min for each addition to give electronicsctime to boot and start to interfere. Alternatively, might be quicker to do in reverse...take out one breaker every 2min until issue goes away.
<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 51

Replies: 3

Related Articles