No clear Line of Sight?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No clear Line of Sight?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
No clear Line of Sight?
No clear Line of Sight?
2017-02-21 22:14:04
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I would like to set up a point-2-point link between two buildings - they are only approx 500m apart but there are a few trees between these two buildings - the trees are not very dense at all. I am limited as to how high I can fix the CPE210's so cannot set the AP & Client 210's above the tree line.
My question is how much will this affect the link without a clear line of sight. Also any suggestions on if I should change any settings if this would help.

Thanks guys
Options
4 Reply
Re:No clear Line of Sight?
2017-02-23 04:22:16
I can't think of anyone who can vouch as to what extend trees with foliage will interfere with the signal. It definitely will, but you will probably have to try and see.
Now serving finite customer via f(x)=AirTime/∞ on the 5Ghz band :-/
Options
2017-02-23 07:18:02

branks wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I would like to set up a point-2-point link between two buildings - they are only approx 500m apart but there are a few trees between these two buildings - the trees are not very dense at all. I am limited as to how high I can fix the CPE210's so cannot set the AP & Client 210's above the tree line.
My question is how much will this affect the link without a clear line of sight. Also any suggestions on if I should change any settings if this would help.

Thanks guys

The connection will become very unstable, in other cases could not connect, the maximum that could obstruct the line of sight is 60% of the first zone fresnel, and that compromising the performance ..., for that distance and the chosen frequency (2.4GHz), you must place the equipment 4mts higher than the trees for a 100% free fresnel ...

Regards...
Options
2017-02-23 09:00:37

RTouris wrote

I can't think of anyone who can vouch as to what extend trees with foliage will interfere with the signal. It definitely will, but you will probably have to try and see.

This is correct. Limitations will vary due to movement of leaves in the wind, water content on and also inside foliage, etc. Also, a single birch tree will attenuate the radio signal much more than for example several willow trees. One can only try (during the vegetation phase) if you can not ensure a completely free LoS, for example due to legal constraints of the height of an antenna mast on private property, which are enforced in most EU countries.

So the thread opener could give it a try for such a relatively short distance. I could manage to get an acceptable throughput of ~57 Mbps even with 5 GHz with one maple tree covering the complete fresnel zone at a distance of 600 meters. Also, 2.4 GHz radio waves penetrate vegetation much better than 5 GHz waves, so it probably could work for him, too.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2017-02-23 16:14:28
Thanks for the responses and suggestions guys ...will try a temporary set up and see what I get!

Thanks again
Options