TL-MR6400 Feature Suggestion - Auto SMS Forwarding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-31 20:17:36
Just bought a TL-MR6400, and was intrigued to discover it's possible to send and receive SMS messages via the Management web UI. A very cool feature I had not anticipated.

A really useful additional feature would be to have all incoming SMS messages automatically forwarded to another mobile number, or even to an E-mail address. Most users don't routinely log into the router once it's been configured, so incoming SMS messages are likely to go undiscovered for weeks or months - the critical ones being warnings about mobile data usage limits nearing exhaustion - so having them forwarded on automatically would be really useful.

Not sure if anyone from TP-Link reads these forums or not, but I just thought I'd put the suggestion out there on the off chance :-)
Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-MR6400 Feature Suggestion - Auto SMS Forwarding
2017-09-01 18:32:35
Reboot will wipe out the messages? If it does, your suggestion is good
Options
2017-09-02 21:25:28

Anton L.Z. wrote

Reboot will wipe out the messages? If it does, your suggestion is good

Actually, it seems SMS messages do persist between reboots - presumably they are saved on the SIM?
Anyway, I still think auto SMS Forwarding would be a useful feature, and have updated my original post to reflect this.
Options
TL MR6400 Feature Suggestion Auto SMS Forwarding
2017-09-12 23:02:13
Thanks for the suggestion Which PCDJ Product is this for, however?
Options
2021-07-22 08:29:18

I plan to deploy the router to a remote area to be able to manage some security camera system. It won't be used a lot but would like to get these SMS messages forwarded to me so I can take care of the internet renewal.

Options

Information

Helpful: 8

Views: 2048

Replies: 4