TP Link connection not showing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-03 13:08:09
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have the AV500 Powerline Adapter and previously had it working but we've recently had a change of internet (same ISP). Now I need to update the password. Judging by the image posted I don't have the WPS button on my router (Image 1)? I have the smaller of the two boxes connected to the router via ethernet cable. I've installed the TP Link utility as per the Youtube video but it hasn't created a connection for me. The power light comes on for a few seconds then disappears. Do I have the wrong box plugged in to the router (image 2)? When I fire up the PowerLine Utility it says the local device hasn't been connected.

1 2

Options
4 Reply
Re:TP Link connection not showing
2017-09-04 16:07:08
As I know, the powerline wifi extender can work with the old password after upgrading the router. If do need to upgrade the password for the powerline extender, try this utility http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TL-WPA4220_V3.html#Utility (according to my test, it suitable for TL-WPA4220 v1~3).
It is the wifi extender that should be connected to the router which have the utility installed,instead of the powerline adapter ( the image you attached is the adapter).

BTW, the PAIR button in your new router seems to be the WPS button?
Options
2017-09-04 17:56:13
If the default TP-LINK SSID is not showing, check if the wifi light is on/flashing or not. You can press the wifi button on the powerline extender for about 5s to turn ON/OFF the wifi.
There is a default SSID and wireless password printed on the label of the extender, I am happy to use the default settings. If you don't mind you can also reset the extender, re-pair it with the adapter, then connect with the default wireless password.
Options
2017-09-04 20:00:20

vieldcs wrote

As I know, the powerline wifi extender can work with the old password after upgrading the router. If do need to upgrade the password for the powerline extender, try this utility http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TL-WPA4220_V3.html#Utility (according to my test, it suitable for TL-WPA4220 v1~3).
It is the wifi extender that should be connected to the router which have the utility installed,instead of the powerline adapter ( the image you attached is the adapter).

BTW, the PAIR button in your new router seems to be the WPS button?

Thanks mate! Had a feeling I had them around the wrong way. And yes I was wondering if the PAIR button was the WPS button.

Edit - the PAIR button on the Router is only for the phone that came with the router unfortunately. If I press the PAIR button on the extender within two minutes after the power light flashes and not the lights that the video says.
Options
2017-09-04 20:56:22
Ok I've switched the adapter and extender and now I've got the TP Link connection appearing, HOWEVER, it won't connect when I enter the network key.
Options