Get NTP to work when using Router as an Access Point?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-08 04:34:39
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a TL-WR841N and I'm using it strictly as an access point. As such, there is nothing connected to the WAN port.

It works perfectly fine, except that it cannot use the NTP function for the router to update the time.

It seems that the NTP feature is locked to getting the time from the WAN port / connection.

Is there any way to make it so that it will use the internal LAN connection to call out to an NTP server and get the time. Perhaps using a static route of some kind?

We lose power often at our site and the time will reset and we are using the wifi scheduling feature so if we lose power, the time resets and the wifi scheduling breaks.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Get NTP to work when using Router as an Access Point?
2017-09-20 17:36:24
What is the hardware version?
NPT server can only get time from WAN connection, maybe can set it up as router?
Options
2017-09-21 03:45:33
Hardware version 11

I don't really have a choice to setup this as a router because then it would have be double-NAT and that just never works very well. I strictly need this device as an access point, but I really want to use the time scheduling feature. The problem is we are in a rural area and power is unreliable so the device will reboot often and when that happens it loses the time and breaks scheduled access for the wifi
Options
2017-09-22 15:51:02
Version 11 can only use LAN port in Access Point mode, and the NTP server will not work well in this mode.
Seems you can only find a way to provide stable power for it:(
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1291

Replies: 3

Related Articles