MR400(EU) - Can not login. Admin page only asks for pwd...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-09 23:58:54
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,
router installed and running with Internet. For configuring i tried to access the 192.168.1.1 page. Page appears but shows only the admin password field nothing more. So i tried different browsers like Explorer, Firefox and Chrome. No change. Than i resetted the router. No change. Finally i configured my router with the tp-link android app.

Any ideas?

Thx
LandEi

Options
17 Reply
Re:MR400(EU) - Can not login. Admin page only asks for pwd...
2017-09-26 16:29:41
It is new UI, only need password to log in, it should be admin by default, did you try that?
Options
2017-09-26 23:17:04
I have the same problem, yes i tryed logging in with "admin" but it doesnt do anything. I tryed resetting, rebooting, repluging the cabels. using different browsers (even on my mobile) but nothing changes. the autoconfig works, because i have internet though lan and wlan. and i can login with my phone though the "Tether" app. but its only basic stuff that i can configure, there isnt any option to go into advanced settings of the router. so again the main problem is that i cant login though the online interface (tplinkmodem.net or 192.168.1.1) there wasnt any "getting started" like its described in the quick stard guide. even after a fresh reset, the first time as soon as i go on the online interface it asks for the password. not like a username and a password. and when i enter "admin" and hit enter or click on login, nothing happens!!! maybe the EU version of the software is bugged?
Options
2017-09-27 16:27:02

Arikazei wrote

I have the same problem, yes i tryed logging in with "admin" but it doesnt do anything. I tryed resetting, rebooting, repluging the cabels. using different browsers (even on my mobile) but nothing changes. the autoconfig works, because i have internet though lan and wlan. and i can login with my phone though the "Tether" app. but its only basic stuff that i can configure, there isnt any option to go into advanced settings of the router. so again the main problem is that i cant login though the online interface (tplinkmodem.net or 192.168.1.1) there wasnt any "getting started" like its described in the quick stard guide. even after a fresh reset, the first time as soon as i go on the online interface it asks for the password. not like a username and a password. and when i enter "admin" and hit enter or click on login, nothing happens!!! maybe the EU version of the software is bugged?

Maybe we are the only 2 buyers in Europe!?
Options
2017-09-28 14:14:03
see below
Options
2017-09-28 14:14:53
#
Options
2017-09-28 17:25:29
[FONT=Times New Roman]Hello,

the firmware is faulty, with me the same. The device can only be used with 'Tether'
manage, but update does not work, although online already new versions is present.
I have communicated with TP-Link support, I do not want anything, and I should claim warranty.
Therefore, you contact with support and send for repair or exchange.
I tried two devices and finally returned both to dealers.

Greeting
Marek
[/FONT]

Options
2017-09-28 22:57:48
Maybe we are right now ;)... i just hope we get a fast answer to this problem! just for some info my firmware version is: "1.0.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 170620 Rel.39110n"
Options
2017-09-29 13:57:05
Hello,

exactly the firmware: 1.0.0.0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 170620 Rel. 39110n has not with me
works, which is faulty. According to support, there is no solution, just send back
or warranty exchange.

Greeting
Marek

Options
2017-09-29 19:36:28
Thank you for the info Marek!
I just called the tp link support, they told me i should return the router.
I wrote an email to the seller wich i ordered the router from.
Maybe they have got a newer version with an up-to-date firmware, so they can exchange it.
If not,im gonna return it!
Options
2017-10-02 16:00:17
it is new setting admin is by default just enter the password,if that doesn't work try to reset the router

essay writing help uk
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3195

Replies: 17