WR1043ND v3 and MacPro 2017 --- unable to connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-22 15:15:53
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am running a WR1043ND v3

running with firmware 3.16.9 Build 150514 Rel.72381n

I am using a brandnew Mac Pro 15" (the latest 2017 model). I added the mac address of the device to my wireless mac filtering list - afterwards the Mac joined my home network fine.
This morning, I started the Mac ... it joined the network, all fine.

But all of a sudden, it got disconnected. And no matter what I try, I can't back into my network.

I tried the following things:
* disabling wireless mac filtering
*dropping the special DHCP address reservation I had added for the Mac
* changing the wifi mode from 11bgn to 11bg
* power off for mac book and router multiple times

Always the same result: Mac tries to connect and quickly comes back "unable to join".
I cleared the TP-link system log ... and tried to connect again - no entries show up in the log?!

And I am 100% sure it is not a signal issue - my old laptop sits directly next to the new Mac right now - it is in my home wifi and showing 270 MB/s connection speed.

Any ideas are welcome.

I saw that there is a new firmware ( http://www.tp-link.de/download/TL-WR1043N.html#Firmware ) but it says v5 - so I assume I should better NOT install that on my v3 hardware?!
Options
1 Reply
Re:WR1043ND v3 and MacPro 2017 --- unable to connect
2017-09-22 15:40:55
You can only use V3 firmware for V3 hardware devices.
Suggest to try:1. forget the network on your Mac and reconnect again.
2. change wifi name and password, and the wifi channel to 1-11 on your router.
3.reset the router to factory default by holding the reset hole for 10 seconds until all the lights flash.

If still not working, contact Apple support and see if there is anything you can do on the Mac.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 390

Replies: 1

Related Articles