Dropped calls with Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Dropped calls with Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Dropped calls with Deco
Dropped calls with Deco
2017-10-05 23:32:43
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

The reason why I got the deco and a mesh wifi system was to get an integrated wifi solution that behaves as "one" wifi. Imagine my dissapointment when I realize the deco made it worse than with a cheap repeater.

Scenario: I do a normal call without video on Skype, Whatsapp, Messenger. If I change room so that the deco switches , well is supposed to switch, access point, instead the conversation drops, or the phone desperately switches over to mobile network. To not have dropped calls is one of THE most important features of mesh, so this is not acceptable. I have good coverage, and the Deco's perform at maximum internet speed everywhere in the house, so I don't have a problem with bandwith. It's basically only the handover between routers that is terrible.

I have tried moving around the deco's (although signal strength is fine everywhere) . I have tried to change the QoS settings, it's hard to know what to choose, since there is no documentation on what these settings do. What is an online voice call classified as. Direct streaming? Chat? Well nothing worked anyway.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Dropped calls with Deco
2017-10-06 15:27:06
How do you connect the three Deco units? the main Deco is on router mode or AP mode? how about the other two Deco units? a networl topology would be more clear
Options
Re:Dropped calls with Deco
2021-09-28 11:19:29

@junoctal 

Exactly I am also experiencing the same issue with WhatsApp and I also tried hard to fix it but I can't until I used this GBWhatsApp Apk, When I used this application my problem got solved.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1674

Replies: 2

Related Articles