Archer C9 - Can this be fixed?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-07 18:05:11
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I bought an Archer C9 AC1900 Dual Band router but only recently started to try and set it up.

Here are a list of faults (I have tried several computers):

1. I cannot connect to it via Ethernet cable, no DCHP, no response if I set IP address of laptop to usual subnet.

2. It will create the wireless lans but.I am not able to establish proper connection to them with WPS code, they then disconnect after a few seconds.

3. The three right moist lights come on and appear to be cycling, the Lan light will come on if I plug in a PC.

Attempts to fix

So with no access to TP-Link portal to reinstall firmware I tried to use tftpd to go back to base V11. firmware following the instructions in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU8RyW82Z2M

I tried setting the IP Address to 192.168.0.66 and ran the tftpd client but there was nothing showing in the loig as a requested file, I tried again severlal times, I also tried with 192.168.1.66 but again nothing in the log.

So I seem to be stuck as the Archer C9 is not giving me a way to restore firmware.

I am wondering now if this unit has a fault, I gather that usually if there is a boot problem all lights flash in a cycle not just the three most right lights, is there any significance to this, is it a code for TP Link?

This is the 2nd TP-Link router I have had fail on me, the previous one was a 1750 so right now I am reluctant to buy another, even though the TP functionality is what I bought this router for.

I am hoping someone here can give me a way to fix this as it is a real hassle for me to return it and if I do I don't think I can risk buying a TP Link brand again,
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C9 - Can this be fixed?
2017-10-09 14:37:49
Normally you will see all the lights turning on for a sec then turning off then power starts blinking. Wonder if you tried pushing the reset hole for not. Maybe you can hold it for 10~15 seconds to see if there's any difference.
Options
2017-10-11 22:52:15
Yes of course I tried that, it is part of the video.

I know what it is normally, hence the post.

Does TP Link actually post in this forum?

Options
2017-10-12 18:32:36
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 465

Replies: 3

Related Articles