WA801ND repeater not working with android device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-17 15:06:47
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I bough an WA801ND access point and set it up as a repeater to extend the main router's wifi signal. My iPhone, iPad and laptops connect to repeater or main router with no problems but my father's huawei smartphone has some issues. When his device is near the main router, he have access to internet and can do whatever he likes in his phone but when it switches to the tp-link repeater the device can't connect to internet even though it has strong wifi signal. He has to turn off/turn on the wifi in his smartphone to connect to internet again. I read some information about this issue but can't find a way to solve it yet. Is some configuration that I didn't set correctly?? What can I do to fix this? I'd really appreciate any help you can provide, thanks.
Options
8 Reply
Re:WA801ND repeater not working with android device
2017-10-17 20:14:50
What's the IP address on the Huawei Smartphone when connect to the repeater?
Is your repeater has the same name with the router or a different name ?
Options
2017-10-18 05:24:39
My repeater has the same name of my wifi, I use it to expand the wifi signal to my father's bedroom... I talked to TP-Link support this morning and they told me to configure the DNS in the repeater. I followed the instructions they gave me (primary DNS: 200.48.225.146, secondary DNS: 200.48.225.130) but it didn't work either, the smartphone can't connect to internet. I noticed the smartphone shows a new message now saying "can't connect to this site... dns_probe_started". but if I switch off and on the wifi in the smartphone it can access to internet again.
Options
WA801ND and WA701ND repeaters experiencing problem with android device
2017-10-18 07:22:48
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I'm having an issue with my Huawei smartphone connecting to the establishing internet access when picking up the signal from my wifi repeater. (In order to boost the signal in my home I have a repeater in addition to my router) When I'm connected to the router I have internet access. However, if I move out of range or the phone picks up the signal from the repeater it will connect to wifi but no internet access.
However, if I turn my phone off and on again it will usually be able to access the internet through the repeater. If I get closer to the router it will pick up that signal and I have internet access. If I got back to the repeaters signal no access. The repeater is working properly as I have a PC and other devices using that to access the internet and it works with no issues. There's something going on with the phone. Any help would be welcomed.
Options
2017-10-18 19:03:49
How about the connection on other smart phones?
What's the firmware version and hardware on your repeater?
Does the repeater has the same SSID with your main router or they have different SSID?
You can check the IP address on the Huawei phone when connect to the repeater first, see whether it is a valid IP address
Options
2017-10-18 19:08:50
What's the IP address when the Huawei smart phone connect to the repeater?
And what's the model.no of your phone ?
Options
2017-10-20 01:22:48
It has something like this 192.168.1.37 and a set of numbers and letters below (IPV6 I guess) as IP address but when it switches to repeater's signal it only shows letters and numbers as IP address. The device is a Huawei Y5 II with android 5.1.1
Options
2017-10-20 01:32:54
The connection on other smartphones works fine. I have a WA801ND and is up to date, I already checked the firmware and it's the last build according to tp-link's site. The repeater has the same SSID and password as I'm using it to expand my wifi coverage all over my home. The IP addres in the phone shows something like this: 192.168.1.37 and a set of numbers and letters (IPV6, I guess) when it's connected to the main router but this changes to a strange combination of numbers and letters when the device connects to repeater's signal. it may be the wa801nd repeater is not assigning a correct IP addres to the phone?? some IPV6 issue related?? I tried disabling IPV6 in the main router but it didn't work either, any suggestions??
Options
2017-10-25 10:37:58

josuer wrote

The connection on other smartphones works fine. I have a WA801ND and is up to date, I already checked the firmware and it's the last build according to tp-link's site. The repeater has the same SSID and password as I'm using it to expand my wifi coverage all over my home. The IP addres in the phone shows something like this: 192.168.1.37 and a set of numbers and letters (IPV6, I guess) when it's connected to the main router but this changes to a strange combination of numbers and letters when the device connects to repeater's signal. it may be the wa801nd repeater is not assigning a correct IP addres to the phone?? some IPV6 issue related?? I tried disabling IPV6 in the main router but it didn't work either, any suggestions??

Suggest to test with Access point mode, set a different SSID and password with the main router see whether this Huawei phone cable to connect
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1318

Replies: 8