The Wirecutter poor review of C9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-21 17:37:44
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

On October 20, thewirecutter.com posted a new review of wireless routers ( https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-wi-fi-router/). Clearly they did not like the Archer c9:

"The Archer C9 is an odd duck. The model number and slightly higher price position it as an upgrade to our former pick, the Archer C7, but in testing it performed worse in every way. The C9 also suffers from a weird, awkward standing-on-end design, and there are five separate hardware revisions currently being sold, making it hard to tell what you’re going to get if you buy one, or how long it will be supported if you do."

I don't know if some of the (non-design) issues they point out are amenable to resolution with a firmware update. But I can certainly say the c9 was a big step up for me and I am very happy with it.

Options
3 Reply
Re:The Wirecutter poor review of C9
2017-10-23 14:29:28
My Archer C9 works perfectly since I purchased it, I am very happy with the router too:o
Options
2017-10-29 23:31:10
Their review makes perfect sense.

The Archer C9 is being poorly supported by TP-Link. If TP-Link wants their products to get better reviews, they need to release updated (bug-free) firmwares for the Archer C9.
Options
2017-10-30 15:46:58
Personally, no new firmware release means no big bug on this router in some ways.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 847

Replies: 3

Related Articles