TP-LINK 300MBPS Wi-Fi + 600MBPS Powerline Kit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-22 12:41:25
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Morning Am new to the world of Tp-link and am in need of your greater knowledge than mine.I have bought the power line kit mentioned above & have followed the instructions from the site, however I've connected Apple TV to the receiver end of the link and I only seem to be able to use the wifi connection to stream the videos (taking 2hrs to download). The property is a new build & the only thing I can put this down too is the BT openreach 5C master socket. I've read it prevents broadband from tracking the Slave sockets via a filter. I've connected s laptop and all appears ok. The Apple streams seamlessly st my home with no delay (I have an old type. Master socket) Any advice would be greatly received Ta
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-LINK 300MBPS Wi-Fi + 600MBPS Powerline Kit
2017-10-23 03:10:08
What exact Powerline adaptor models? Have you disabled the BT Wifi or made sure it uses different channels from your Powerline Wifi

" I only seem to be able to use the wifi connection to stream the videos (taking 2hrs to download)."

It's not clear what your problem is. No connection at all over Powerline? You have connected the Powerline to your router at one end via an Ethernet cable?

" only thing I can put this down too is the BT openreach 5C master socket. I've read it prevents broadband from tracking the Slave sockets via a filter"

All devices connected to the phoneline except the ADSL modem (unless on a filter with modem port) must have a filter fitted.

" I've connected s laptop and all appears ok. The Apple streams seamlessly st my home with no delay"

So it works OK at the ADSL modem? That would imply no problems with phone sockets or filters.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 329

Replies: 1

Related Articles