Ping spikes Archer C50 AC1200 V1.0 dual band router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-26 20:07:50
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hey guys,

I'm receiving ping spikes over LAN and WLAN, every 2-3 minutes, I get a ping spike of 700-1600ms. I have updated to the latest firmware.
Firmware version:0.9.1 3.0 v0045.0 Build 160411
Hardware version:Archer C50 v1 00000002

I have pinged google over WLAN and LAN, I get the ping spikes at the same time.
Did a tracert, it showed me that the ping delay starts at my own IP of the router, 192.168.0.1.
Pinged 192.168.0.1 over WLAN and LAN, got spikes again at the same time.
I've also noticed that when a device connects or disconnects to the router, the router ping spike will happen, (sometimes pings over 4000ms, thus resulting in a failed ping).
I've had 1 device connected to the router over LAN, still getting ping spikes.
I've had an other device connected to the router over WLAN, still getting ping spikes.

Just got of the phone with your customer support, but I dont feel like she had any advanced knowledge of this matter, she asked for my ip and firmware and asked the things I've tried, then concluded it is a faulty router.
She said I should return my router, but I'm pretty sure its this type of router and not just this router. I'f im going to return it I'm feeling I will have the same problems all over again.

I receive my internet trough a cable out of the wall, I have to log in using some usernames/passwords I've received from my provider.

Can someone help me? I'm not happy since I wasn't able to figure this out myself, I've tried changing quite some settings, including ones on my desktop. However I'm pretty sure the problem lies in my router.
Am I being DoS'ed maybe? I've played Overwatch at a higher level before I moved here, but it took me quite some while to notice these spikes. I think it is mostly sending packages, hits not registering etc, however receiving feels like it works fine. However, this might be purely psychologically.

Thank you,

A not yet satisfied customer.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Ping spikes Archer C50 AC1200 V1.0 dual band router
2017-10-27 10:07:21
How about the speed When you surfing the internet ?
when the PC ----wall directly and setup broadband connection, how about the ping ?
Options
2017-10-27 17:15:33
No problems when surfing the internet, except the occasional freeze when watching streams. (normally 10mb download speed, except for, well, those lag spikes I have.)
The spikes are a problem during games, a 1,5s delay makes it impossible to play games.
Directly into the wall, no ping spikes. 3ms to google.com, ping spikes never above 12ms. (while opening sites, watching youtube streaming music and having a game in the background running).
Options
2017-10-30 17:44:40
You'd better contact tp-link support and let them to do a test in their lab.
support email: support@tp-link.com
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1117

Replies: 3