Multiple Networks Design

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Multiple Networks Design

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Multiple Networks Design
Multiple Networks Design
2017-10-28 19:14:53
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,I’ve searched the web and the official FAQs to answer this question but cannot come up with an answer - I hope one of you could help!Currently I have 4 powerline adapters on a single flat network across my home. All is working fine.My home office (second floor) is remote to the main internet socket in the house where the current home router sits (by the front door). These 2 locations are 2 of the 4 powerline locations on the existing network.My office has provided me with a home firewall appliance, the intention being to connect my home office / network to the DC via a site-2-site VPN. This appliance needs to sit next to the router, to connect the WAN and LAN ports.My question is this. How can I connect the powerline adapter in my office to the new VPN appliance? Can multiple networks live on the same powerline circuit (think vLANs on a traditional network)? Or do I need additional switches in the office to create actual vLANs on top of the powerline circuit to achieve connectivity?Any advice would be most gratefully received.Many thanks.Jer2224.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Multiple Networks Design
2017-10-31 09:07:29
are you able to draw a topology of your network?
It is not very clearly to get the home network topology from your description.
Options
Re:Multiple Networks Design
2017-11-15 19:09:36
According to your router, (If it has more then one port) try to give a different subnet to LAN port 2 and use 2 powerline with it. Also give different powerline network name. They will use same circuit with sharing total bandwidth.

Multiple powerline networks on same circuit supported. You must think that powerline adapter is an idiot switch or bridge.

if Router supports VLAN, your tp-link also supports 802.1q frame forwarding.
Its all depends on your router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1119

Replies: 2

Related Articles