WA801ND stops working until reboot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-20 07:40:21
Model : TL-WA801ND

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 3.16.9 Build 160223 Rel.48414n

ISP : Deutsche Telekom

Hi there,

I've been using a TL-WA801ND as access point for a few months now with no issues but since about 1 week I keep being unable to connect to it with any of my devices.
Whenever I restart it I can connect to it just fine but after a few minutes or hours I can no longer connect to it (until I reboot it again).
It has a static IP, runs in 11bgn mixed mode and WPS is enabled.

Any advice on troubleshooting/fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Options
12 Reply
Re:WA801ND stops working until reboot
2017-11-20 16:26:10
Hi,
When you lose the connection, is the wifi connected but no internet access or the wifi is disconnected? Are you able to ping the router's or the access point's IP on your computer?
Did you try hard reset the access point to factory settings?
Have you checked if you have stable wired connection if you connect your computer to the router directly?
Options
2017-11-21 00:57:07

Anton L.Z. wrote

Hi,
When you lose the connection, is the wifi connected but no internet access or the wifi is disconnected? Are you able to ping the router's or the access point's IP on your computer?
Did you try hard reset the access point to factory settings?
Have you checked if you have stable wired connection if you connect your computer to the router directly?

1. The wifi is not connected, the access point simply refuses every connection attempt from no matter what device.
2. Yes I can ping the access point just fine.
3. I have not tried a hard reset but I will do so now and see if it makes any difference.
4. I can simply plug out the access point, plug the cable right into my laptop and access the network & internet straight away with no issues.
Options
2017-11-22 06:26:13
After I've done a hard reset yesterday it was working fine for a few hours but then the same problem started to occur again.
Can anyone help me with this issue?
Options
2017-11-29 15:50:33
you can ping the AP successfully when you drop connection? Does it appear limited Internet access? maybe you should check the connection between router and AP
Options
2017-12-02 13:28:00
thank you very much
Options
2017-12-06 02:13:31

Enson Loo wrote

you can ping the AP successfully when you drop connection? Does it appear limited Internet access? maybe you should check the connection between router and AP

As I already said: Yes, I can ping it just fine from any device that is connected to the same network, even when I cant connect to it via wifi.
It does NOT appear as "Limited internet access", it simply refuses any connection to it until I restart it. Sometimes I get an error that the password is incorrect, sometimes it just keeps trying to connect but nothing happens.
The connection between the router and the AP IS NOT THE PROBLEM. I can unplug the AP at any point of time and connect to the network directly via LAN through the exact same ethernet socket.
Options
2017-12-13 03:10:36
I have a very similar problem with my TL-WA801ND. I wish I had a way to automatically reboot it every night.
Options
2017-12-15 03:57:31
I experience the same issue with my TL-WA801ND, although it doesn't happen quite as often as the OP describes - perhaps only once every week or two.

My TL-WA801ND is hardware v2.1 and has the latest firmware. I'm also curious if there is any resolution to this issue. Thanks.
Options
2017-12-16 21:59:08

jbjonas wrote

I experience the same issue with my TL-WA801ND, although it doesn't happen quite as often as the OP describes - perhaps only once every week or two.

My TL-WA801ND is hardware v2.1 and has the latest firmware. I'm also curious if there is any resolution to this issue. Thanks.

It seems to happen even more often in the past days. I sometimes have to restart it two or even three times per day already.
Options
2018-01-06 05:57:55

Starwhisp wrote

It seems to happen even more often in the past days. I sometimes have to restart it two or even three times per day already.

I have the same annoying problem, with the same model. Wife is going crazy as the AP is placed somewhere on the staircase where she cannot reach it.

It's unacceptable that I have to restart it several times a day. In any case if I were you at TP I would fix it fast, or at least acknowledge that there is an issue if you cannot fix your stuff. otherwise, clients like me will not waste more than 30 min, I wasted already one hour and more to realise that I had installed the latest firmware some time ago... so no solution, and I see here that many brave man like me are reporting the same issue.

I'll search for a more robust AP, cisco... for me this is AP is a bad joke.... there is no problem with the connectivity of the cables... nor with the internet connection as when the TP gets stuck I would switch to my second AP and internet is working fine (same router)

If I want to copy large files it would get stuck in the middle of copying..., this is a second issue, that I could live with eventually, but I can't live with the normal browsing time based, or god knows why, getting stuck.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4219

Replies: 12

Related Articles