Cannot longer access my Powerline Wifi extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-24 09:06:44
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I bought the TL-WPA4530 kit. I didn't have a problem setting it up, except I couldn't use the WPS function, had to do it manually.

So I set the SSID and the password on my existing Wifi network, to work as an extender, and it worked like it should, but now I cannot longer access it! I cannot change the settings via the app or the web browser.
And there is no utility for Mac OS, only for Windows.

So, how will I be able to change settings??? Do I really need to reset it to factory again? I have a linksys router that I'm using as an extender as well, LAN to LAN, and I'm able to access it without a problem via their ios app.

SO, is there a way to connect to it, like an ip address?

thanks for any advice.

[I][/I]

Options
5 Reply
Re:Cannot longer access my Powerline Wifi extender
2017-11-24 17:14:20
Options
2017-11-25 00:17:40

Anton L.Z. wrote

Thanks for the Mac utility link, there wasn’t one in the support page I had. And you cannot longer acces it via tplinkplc.net once you set it’s up as an extender, infact you get a page explaining it, and with s link to the utility, only windows.I’ll include the screenshot. And you cannot longer acces it via the iOS app. It say right there on that page that you can only access it via a PC utility. But I’ve resolved it, I find out which ip my router gave it and gain access through that IP.
File:
751B3F81-85D4-4275-9259-5D0303D91E4E.jpgDownload
Options
2017-11-25 00:29:24
There you can see that the tplinkplc.net does not work when your SSID it’s the same as your existing network. But Tp Link should give advice on that page as to how to access it, other than a PC utility.
File:
0F10B35D-AADE-4C58-B69D-E0567A07528F.jpgDownload
Options
2017-11-28 10:41:59
How about try IP to log in. Use tpPLC and click global.
Options
2017-11-29 11:29:49
if the problem is the same as mine, it will not work.

@Pablo: I got it working by setting static IP or upgrading firmware (NVM and BIN), I don't know which one.

But a couple of days passed and web interface still responding... Tried various firmware 8030 and 8010P
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 753

Replies: 5

Related Articles