Archer t4u v2 drops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer t4u v2 drops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer t4u v2 drops
Archer t4u v2 drops
2017-11-27 23:35:23
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello
Model name: AC1300 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter T4U
[SIZE=3]Hardware Version : Version 2
Firmware: dont know how to find[/SIZE]
I bought some mounths ago archer t4u v2 wifi adapter, it worked nice and i had only one time break when it did something like that, but now its totaly pain in the a**. Every time i turn on computer the problem is there
I screen recorded the problem to give better informatsion.
Problem is that wifi drops in every few secons.. For normal browsing i dont notice it much, but in online gaming i get disconnect warning in every few seconds. I have figured out that t4u archer wifi adapter causes that coz everything else works nicely, what uses my ac1200 router.
Distance from wifi router to adapter is under 4meters. Only way to fix it is to unplug, reinstall drivers random times and when the problem stops then not restart or sign out computer..

VIDEO https://youtu.be/xGSubWKdT4E

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer t4u v2 drops
2017-11-28 13:55:40
Change the channel and bandwidth of the router, it may be caused by the instability of wireless signal
Options
2017-11-28 20:29:05
Hello
First of all sorry for my bad english, cause it aint my main language, but i try to describe.

My wifi router doesnt seems to be the problem cause i get similar problem in 2.4ghz also.. Same time if i test with my phone speedtest app , its okey I havnt figured out the exact path to fix it, but its something like that --> uninstall tplink usb adapter drivers, unplug, plug the wireless adapter, install new drivers downloaded from tplink page. For me it doesnt work with first time, cause i dont know sure what order i must do it.. i know if driver reinstall works, then i cant restart pc cause then problem 95% starts again. I had that problem with my old wrd4300 router also, then i didnt totaly figuered out what caused that, thought my windows is screwed and i reinstalled clean windows, and right away with fresh windows problem was still there, and then i changed to cable for a week.. After a week i wanted to show my friend the problem and plugged it back the problem was vanished.. and adapter worked till now good, mid time i just upgraded my wifi router.

Windows 10 drivers seems to be automatic for that wifi usb adapter.. its hard to understand what happens when i restart windows, does my manually installed drivers get overwrited with windows own or what is the problem. For me it seems the windows uses same drivers, cause if i dont uninstall drivers then it wont let me update the drivers saying u have same or better ones already.

At the moment i have the latest windows 10 pro with fall update.
Options
2017-11-29 01:30:04
http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?101991-Archer-T4UH-V1-Driver-Unofficial-Version-171121-Windows-32-and-64-bit
Here's an unofficial driver I packed for the V1 model, both use the same Realtek chip so it should work fine! Hope this solves your issue.
Options
2021-03-17 22:46:37 - last edited 2021-03-17 22:53:31

@mart88 If your problem was like mine (wi-fi disconnects and you hear the plug/unplug sound), then you'll have to uninstall the driver you downloaded from tp-link website and use the generic one microsoft provides in windows. Apparently, both drivers try to overwrite one-another, which is what caused the problem for me. Using the microsoft generic driver worked for me. No more disconnections.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2166

Replies: 4

Related Articles