Correct powerlines configuration with Sky Q.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-05 16:28:38
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

The Sky Q service at my home has been just installed with the following configuration:
- Sky Q platinum main box cabled to the modem/router using a couple of powerlines
- wireless connection to from Sky main decoder to a single Sky mini box
I would like to move to a new configuration with two Sky mini boxes using powerlines only and avoiding completely wireless connections.
I have brand new TL-PA8030P and TL-PA8010 kits and , while I have no doubts about the connection of the single devices, I am confused about the correct configuration at the router side: do I need to connect all 3 ports to the router (1 for each device ) or is is sufficient a single connection?

Many thanks for your help.
Enrico
Options
2 Reply
Re:Correct powerlines configuration with Sky Q.
2017-12-06 17:09:01
one cable connect the PLC is enough
Options
Re:Correct powerlines configuration with Sky Q.
2017-12-06 21:14:29
It's not just enough - running more than one cable between the same two devices is flat out wrong, it'll break the topology. Put the 8030P where you need to connect multiple devices, and put the 8010P where you have only one thing to connect.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2117

Replies: 2