Routing from WiFi to CPL ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-03 19:03:35
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

And best wishes for this New Year !

I thought I had posted a thread, but it looks like I've fumbled somewhere :p

Anyway, here's my question: I would like to know if it would be possible to route from WiFi to CPL.

I want to connect 2 houses. In the first one, I have a (TP Link) router broadcasting the internet through WiFi, and connected to a TL-WPA8635P CPL adapter on the first floor. Another TL-WPA8635P CPL adapter (with WiFi capability) is on the ground floor, and broadcasts the same network through WiFi. This works very well.

In the second house, I have a very good connection to the WiFi network from the other house (the router is very close to the wall. What I would like to do is put a TL-WPA8635P with WiFi capability to get that network, and route to the CPL, and from there, on the ground floor, connect another CPL adapter to broadcast WiFi again. In short: Router |-- WiFi --> CPL adapter |-- Powerline --> CPL adapter |-- WiFi --> devices.

Is this possible ? Or what could I do to make it work ?

Thanks a lot in advance !
Options
2 Reply
Re:Routing from WiFi to CPL ?
2018-01-04 11:54:31
if you use the same circuit, it can work.
Options
Re:Routing from WiFi to CPL ?
2018-01-04 14:42:11
Thank you for your answer. You're talking about the CPL part in the second house, right ?
But how should I configure the CPL adapter there ? The same way the one in the first house is configured (to extend the existing network) ?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1140

Replies: 2

Related Articles