Archer C7 Reboot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 Reboot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C7 Reboot
Archer C7 Reboot
2018-01-04 02:10:43
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have an Archer C7 I purchased in May 2017 and it's been perfect up until recenlty. In the past three weeks, I have had to reboot it two or three times a week. I have never had this issue before and it's getting more than a little frstrating. I know it's not my modem becuase plugging direclty into the modem I can access the internet. The issue with the router is hardwired and on WiFi.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C7 Reboot
2018-01-04 18:01:30
It seems like my Archer C1200, you would better contact tplink support via email.
Maybe they have a solution for your problem.
Options
Re:Archer C7 Reboot
2020-05-23 02:04:07

@Jay613 

Attempt the below, one at a time, to see which is better:

• Feel the router, if the router is hot or lots of heat coming out, use a fan to cool the router, a regular fan or USB fan is fine.
  • Set the WiFi Transmit Power to low (if the setting is currently set to high), and see if this helps with the reboot.
  • Turn the WiFi off completely and feel the difference of the heat output and observe router stability.

I discovered that as the WiFi Transmit Power is set to high, the router draws more power and generates more heat, possibly causing instability and reboot. Additionally, do visit tp-link support website for latest manual, firmware downloads, FAQs, etc.

Options