Significantly reduced internet speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-13 03:47:03
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,
I have had my tp-link for a while, and recently it has been pretty sub standard. To start with, when I'm playing games, the connection will randomely cut out for a short period of time - whilst this does resolve itself, it does make it quite frustrating. Furthermore, it is very inconsistent - sometimes it will be fine to play with, other times it will spike and make the game pretty much unplayable. However, my main concern is that when my computer is connected to my router, I can reach speeds of 300 mbps, but more consistently around 250 mbps. However, when I am connected to tp-link in my room, which is on the second floor in my house, around 5 metres away from my router, I get speeds of 5 mbps. I am aware that there are some drops in powerline, but this reduction in speed seems ridiculous. Any help would be appreciated and I am happy to answer any questions that you may have!
Thanks for reading
Options
1 Reply
Re:Significantly reduced internet speed
2018-01-15 16:09:46
Have you tried the latest FW?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 469

Replies: 1