are there automatically pairing / encrypting power line adapters?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-15 00:10:36
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I have the following problem:

my access to the router is limited by a new wall built into the appartment and i would have to go through my roommate's room to access the router (and the powerline adapter connected to it), which would be a bit annoying over time. Sometimes the power goes out during the day when i am not home. I want the connection to remain encrypted at all times without having to repush the paring buttons every time the power goes out or i come home. Do you have powerline adapters that find each other and encrypt the signal automatically without the need to push a button? Can i generally leave powerline adapters turned on 24/7?

thanks,

deira
Options
4 Reply
Re:are there automatically pairing / encrypting power line adapters?
2018-01-15 15:50:07
if you have paired them before, you don't need to pair them again.
Options
2018-01-17 02:53:06
ah, i didn't know that. So if i have paired them once, unplug both of them and then replug them the next they and let them connect automatically, the automatically extablished connection is encrypted? Does this reset after they are unplugged for a certain time?
Options
2018-01-18 17:29:40
Yes they do. PLC adapters are supposed to remember their encryption key across a power outage, no matter how long. They have non-volatile storage inside for this.
Options
2018-01-19 05:48:41
is there any place i can find official documentation stating that this is the case with tp link products? in particular this model (which i currently own) | TP-Link TL-PA411 KIT AV500 Powerline
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1194

Replies: 4

Related Articles