TL-PA4010P KIT Ethernet Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-16 12:03:40
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I have been using the TL-PA4010P KIT for several months and suddenly have been unable to obtain internet access today.

All lights on the adapter for my PC are on (power, powerline, and ethernet), however, the adapter for my router only has the power and powerline lights.
I have tried changing the adapters around, and confirmed it was an issue on the router side (ie the issue only presented on the router side regardless of which adapter was being used. However, the ethernet port on the router has no issues when connecting directly to my PC.
I have also tried changing the ethernet cable to no effect.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
syjl
TL-PA4010P KIT TL-PA4010P KIT TL-PA4010P KIT
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-PA4010P KIT Ethernet Issues
2018-01-27 22:47:25

syjl wrote

I have been using the TL-PA4010P KIT for several months and suddenly have been unable to obtain internet access today.

All lights on the adapter for my PC are on (power, powerline, and ethernet), however, the adapter for my router only has the power and powerline lights.
I have tried changing the adapters around, and confirmed it was an issue on the router side (ie the issue only presented on the router side regardless of which adapter was being used. However, the ethernet port on the router has no issues when connecting directly to my PC.

This reads as being identical to the problems I have been experiencing. [see http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?95932-Loss-of-Secure-Powerline-Network-Configuration ]

Whilst I use my own network name rather than the default, I did have problems when I used the default network name, and 'resolved' it in exactly the same way: use the tlPLC utility and for each adaptor reset the network name to the default. After doing this all your adaptors should be able to see each other again.

R

PS. My visit today, was prompted by my adaptors failing and thus having to go through the reset process... and I visited whilst I thought about things to see if there have been any updates...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 942

Replies: 1

Related Articles