how can I troubleshoot my house?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-19 21:16:32
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

My PA4010+ 2xAV500 set up has worked well for a year or three but recently failed. Both AV500s have no powerline indicated.
Moving an AV500 very close to the PA4010 is successful but not procticable.
I thought maybe the PA4010 was failing so I bought a new starter kit. That has not helped. (the new AV600 has the same problems as the AV500s)
I had dismissed the idea of my house breaking down but maybe not.. All household appliances are working fine except the powerline system.
So my question is how do I find the bug in my system?

Thanks,
Bill
Options
2 Reply
Re:how can I troubleshoot my house?
2018-01-22 17:04:01
Ask yourself: What did I change recently? Look for things like a new appliance, even if it's just a CCFL or LED replacement light bulb, a new light fixture, any other new equipment. Then, think about things you recently moved from one room or circuit to another; change those back or unplug them to see whether it makes a difference. Then look for aging things, e.g. there might be a power supply dying a slow death (listen for power bricks that emit a chirping noise).
Options
Thanks and progress report
2018-01-23 00:20:34
Thank you Peter. I was afraid that would be the answer. I'll work my way round the house.

Stella Qin from TPLink Support suggested having the following which is proving very useful so Thanks Stella

In this case, to find out whether there are something else generating noise or not, you can use the utility to check the rate between the devices, then you will know the line quality in your environment. You have the AV500 device, the rate should be more than 250Mbps.

My laptop battery is dead so I have to keep going back to it to see the utility - I wish the utility was available on a tablet/phone

Bill
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 401

Replies: 2

Related Articles