problem wifi tp link tl-wr941hp

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

problem wifi tp link tl-wr941hp

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
22 Reply
Re:problem wifi tp link tl-wr941hp
2020-09-10 01:35:40

@knrivera 

Hi, sorry that we cannot find any necessary info about the disconnect issue you encountered from the log.

Do you mean all the wireless clients will show connected but no internet access? How about the wired devices, are they still be able to access the internet when plugged into the router directly?

Please ensure your modem is stable by connecting a computer directly to the modem and monitor first.

Then try to reset the WR941HP to factory defaults and reconfigure it from scratch, check the internet stability again.

Thanks.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-02-06 01:25:39

@Kevin_Z Same problem here. Please contact me ASAP

Options
2021-02-07 02:18:45

@Pablocs 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community.

If you are experiencing the same issue as knrivera, please confirm the details that I mentioned to him, then we will try to figure it out.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-04-20 18:56:44

@Kevin_Z 

Recently my router (tp link tl wr941hp) started to present the same wifi problem, I tried to configure it in several ways so that the wifi signal drops and to return if I turn off and on the device.

Options
2021-04-21 02:44:10

@john97 

Does this issue only happen on the wireless devices? Please check if the devices that connect to the router via an Ethernet cable will work flawlessly when there is no internet on the wireless devices when the issue happens. If the wired connection always work fine, try to modify the wireless settings on the router, such as wireless channel, channel width, and security, you can check the guide below:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/722/

When did you purchase the router? You can try to reset the router to factory defaults then reconfigure it from scratch, then confirm again if the issue persists.

Options
2021-04-21 13:57:40 - last edited 2021-04-21 14:01:40

@Kevin_Z 

I bought it about 8 months ago, only the wi-fi network stops working, via normal cable, I already configured the 3 modes (router, repeater, access point), but the problem persists even restarting the device and using in the standard mode, for testing I used 3 different devices on the network and they all had the same problem, my internet provider's device is all ok, I have already tested other routers and they did not have this problem.
Options
2021-04-30 23:35:27 - last edited 2021-04-30 23:37:29

@erick 

Dear please your help I have the same problem, it is resetting for no reason, the led turns red at least 2 times a day, I attach a log.
File:
syslog-2021-04-30b.logDownload
Options
2021-05-07 02:18:08

@OscarSa 

May I know who is your ISP? What kind of connection type you are choosing on the WR941HP? What if you connect the ISP modem to the computer directly, will you get a stable connection? Only when you get a stable connection from the ISP modem can we get a stable connection on the router.

If the modem connection is confirmed to be stable in this way, then check and ensure the cable between the modem and router is good, try to plug it firmly on both sides, or change with a new cat 5e/6 cable.

If you haven't tried to reset the router to factory defaults, give it a go first, then set up the internet from scratch to confirm if the internet connection is stable.

BTW, when did you buy the router? Was there any change in your network or on the ISP line?

Options
2021-06-26 15:33:55

@Kevin_Z Hi, I'm having same issue with TL-WR941HP V2, randomly drop wifi conectivity. Will you make a firmware update ?

File:
syslog-2021-06-26.logDownload
Options
2021-06-28 02:53:22

@echris 

Please kindly help confirm more details as we asked OscarSa, then we can follow it up further?

Options
Related Articles