Connecting occasionally - remembering settings?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-08 03:34:33
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I'm interested in buying the TP-Link AV500 or the TP-Link AV1200, with the wifi extender capability, but instead of having them connected constantly 24 7, I only want to have them connected when I use the Internet. I know I can specify a daily timer, but my schedule is very erratic, so that wouldn't work.

Ideally, I'd configure the adapters once, and then I'd take them out from the power plugs, only connecting the adapters again when necessary, be it 2 or 3 days later, one week, or even more.

Is this possible? Would the adapters still ''remember'' the settings after several weeks without use? Or would it be necessary to pair then again?

Thanks in advance for all comments and suggestions.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Connecting occasionally - remembering settings?
2018-02-09 10:43:04
yep, these device will remember the setting if you don't reset them
Options
2018-02-09 18:53:39
Yes that'll work. I'd save myself from the hassle though, and just buy a product that has (1) an auto-standby feature that actually works and (2) a WiFi on/off button on the WiFi enabled head unit.
Options
2018-02-10 09:05:03

Shield101 wrote

yep, these device will remember the setting if you don't reset them

Thank you very much for the information. That's very good to know.

Yes that'll work. I'd save myself from the hassle though, and just buy a product that has (1) an auto-standby feature that actually works and (2) a WiFi on/off button on the WiFi enabled head unit.

But does such a product exist? And at a reasonable price?
Options
2018-02-12 16:44:19
I'd go with Devolo's 1200 series, if these are available in your country. They have well designed and robust hardware, rather excellent warranty handling if something should fail, and an immaculate firmware update policy. If you are in the few countries where AVM's "Fritz" products are available, those are an excellent choice too, with near-perfect integration of routers and auxiliaries like PLCs, WiFi repeaters, and secondary WiFi access points.
Options