help needed: POE injector / wireless transmission

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-11 06:25:49
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello everyone
I just registered in search for help for an unusual idea that maybe could work, but I'd like to have a qualified opinion about.

The subject:
the Kemper Profiler (KPA) is a famous digital guitar amp simulator, that uses a ethernet cable to connect to its remote controller, exchanging data and powering it.
I always supposed that electronically it used some proprietary signal management, but in some forum appeared a photo of a KPA using POE150S to avoid damage to the connector in case of unintentional pulling of the cable (you never know what can happen on stage...).

Now: the remote control is powered through the cable and uses a standard network equipment, so I think it exchanges data using ethernet standard

The question: what could I try/investigate, to add a wireless data transmitter and receiver so that I can completely get rid of the cable?

Anyone willing to share some thought?
If it worked, it would be a great, much appreciated solution! ;)

Thank you in advance to anyone willing to help
Enrico

(attached there is a photo of the equipment that started the discussion... )

Options
2 Reply
Re:help needed: POE injector / wireless transmission
2018-09-28 18:39:18

e_del wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello everyone
I just registered in search for help for an unusual idea that maybe could work, but I'd like to have a qualified opinion about.

The subject:
the Kemper Profiler (KPA) is a famous digital guitar amp simulator, that uses a ethernet cable to connect to its remote controller, exchanging data and powering it.
I always supposed that electronically it used some proprietary signal management, but in some forum appeared a photo of a KPA using POE Injector 150S to avoid damage to the connector in case of unintentional pulling of the cable (you never know what can happen on stage...).

Now: the remote control is powered through the cable and uses a standard network equipment, so I think it exchanges data using ethernet standard

The question: what could I try/investigate, to add a wireless data transmitter and receiver so that I can completely get rid of the cable?

Anyone willing to share some thought?
If it worked, it would be a great, much appreciated solution! ;)

Thank you in advance to anyone willing to help
Enrico

(attached there is a photo of the equipment that started the discussion... )

It is hard to find the same shape of this poe injector,maybe you can get it on alibaba or amazon.But as I know the price on amazon is very expensive.
Options
Re:help needed: POE injector / wireless transmission
2018-10-12 00:42:17

poefan wrote

It is hard to find the same shape of this poe injector,maybe you can get it on alibaba or amazon.But as I know the price on amazon is very expensive.

but would the data transfer be configured 'hassle free'?
Should a configuration of some kind be done, or do the devices detect themselves automatically?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1277

Replies: 2

Related Articles