Powerline randomly disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-17 21:01:18
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

i have bought 2 av500 powerline adapter( model no. TL-PA411KIT).
i've tried to switch socket and switch the two adapters but nothing
what can i do?
Options
10 Reply
Re:Powerline randomly disconnects
2018-03-22 15:36:58
will the house light turn off when the problem happens? usually it is caused by powerline interference, you may test them in one room to see whether the problem still happens
Options
Solution for random internet disconnections
2018-08-25 09:00:38
There is a power save mode that needs to be turned off. After a few minutes the power line will turn off and requires unplugging it from the wall to re-activate connection. Here is how to turn it off so it provides continuous connectivity. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G7VpW1RTnmA
Options
2018-08-27 15:09:00
Power save mode makes it disconnect when the attached LAN device has been off for a certain amount of time. In that case, the powerline device appears disconnected as well, even though it's just sleeping. In some device implementations, this is defective however.

Try a firmware update first.
Options
2020-12-30 11:16:18

@Lorenzo123 

I have spent many months trying to get my TP-LINK homeplugs to work reliably, and every time I thought I had solved it with every connected device working perfectly, suddenly one or other of them would disconnect and I'd go through the ritual of re-pairing each adapter. I also bought a few replacement homeplugs, also TP-LINK, in case there was a fault on the ones I had!

As at today, I'm trying a new solution and I'm optimistic. Certainly worth a try if you're having this problem. I use a Sky broadband router. It acts as a DHCP server, allocating IP addresses. My theory is that my disconnections happen when there is a conflict of IP addresses. So the remedy I am trying is to "reserve" specific IP addresses for the devices that are connected to Homeplugs.  It's quite easy to find the page in your router setup that shows a list of connected devices and their current IP addresses, and there should be an option somewhere of reserving them to that device.  Can't do any harm.

Jon

Options
2021-06-02 21:12:59

@Jon_G did this work as a solution? 

I've got exactly the same issue as you :(

Cheers, 

TL

Options
2021-06-02 21:35:45 - last edited 2021-06-02 21:37:01

@Twinlee I have still experienced the occasional random disconnection that requires me to switch off the powerline adapter at the socket and switch it on again. That usually seems to work. Among the measures I have tried are: allocating the IP addresses to each item, disabling power-saving on the adapter itself and within the computer itself, ie the power saving settings for the ethernet adapter, downgrading to a lower specified TP-link powerline adapter in case the higher specified ones were more likely to disconnect, and disabling sleep mode on the computer that uses the powerline adapter.  And I no longer "pair" the adapters securely - I reset them all to factory configuration and plugged them in without pairing them to each other.

If I thought that Netgear adapters were more stable I'd happily throw all the TP-link ones in the bin and start again.  I suppose the problem might be some quirk in the wiring of my house, a hypothesis that it would be impossible to prove or disprove.

Options
2021-06-06 09:48:43

@Jon_G I'm having the same issue. At least once every 24 hours the powerline network needs to be rebooted. I have to just switch off the extender at the plug and then switch back on. I have gone through every troubleshooting option with the TP link people, (re-pair, upgrade firmware, change rooms, etc etc) but nothing. Also it appears to be pretty random. I really don't know what it is; it's not a huge problem as I just have to re-start at the plug. But it is irritating.

Options
2021-06-13 21:11:38 - last edited 2021-06-13 21:12:48

The only way I've managed to sort this problem with Homeplugs is to set up a PING to the router from one of my PC's that pass through the homeplug connections.

For example, from my windows system, in Startup folder I made the following shortcut:-

c:\windows\system32\PING.EXE 192.168.0.1 -t (sets up a constant 1s ping to the router (check your routers gateway IP), this does not put any strain on your system or network)
Start Minimized (stops it popping up when the computer boots up and keeps it running in the bottom task bar.)

This has 100% cured my problem, and I always set this up on other peoples networks where homeplugs have been needed to be installed, and it also stops any problems for them as well.

Power Save mode has NOTHING to do with this issue, although I always disable this feature to remove any possible outages it could possible cause.

Options
2021-12-21 13:11:51

@Lorenzo123 Same issue here. Have an AV600 which works fine when it's on but is disconnects every 1 to 2 days without fail. Total joke. Been like it for 18 months from new. TP-Link must surely know of this issue but for some reason seem unable or unwilling to fix it. sad

Options
2022-03-13 04:22:39 - last edited 2022-03-13 04:23:05

@WBCS-Neo If you set up a constant ping to the router, doesn't that mean that your computer has to always be up and running for the continous ping to be enabled?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 72860

Replies: 10

Related Articles