Cracking Audio Noise when using AV1200 power line adaptors

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-23 06:22:30
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Dear Sir/Lady.

I'm using the AV1200 power line adapters at my home audio recording studio. For some reason I hear a cracking noise from my audio monitor speakers when the Power Line adapter is plugged into the power socket. When I remove the power line adapter from the power socket the cracking noise disappears completely.
The same happens with my second audio system (different audio amp and different set of speakers) on a different wall power socket.

Since audio is very important to me, I would like to ask the question how to remove this cracking noise.

Some more information: the cracking noise is being heard even when the power amp is disconnected from all audio sources. Only power is ON.

Kindly asking for any constructive help on this topic.

Thank you,
CE.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Cracking Audio Noise when using AV1200 power line adaptors
2018-02-23 19:45:15
Your audio equipment doesn't have good enough noise filters on its power input. You can relieve this by plugging them straight into the PLC adapter's passthrough outlet (this has a filter), or by using powerstrips with noise filters.
Options
2018-02-25 01:56:49

Peter M wrote

Your audio equipment doesn't have good enough noise filters on its power input. You can relieve this by plugging them straight into the PLC adapter's passthrough outlet (this has a filter), or by using powerstrips with noise filters.

Plugging in the PLC adapter passthrough did not reduce the cracking noise actually.
Are there any proven power strips with noise filters? Is this radio frequency interference noise or anything else?

Thank you,
CE.
Options
2018-02-26 16:29:09
PLC traffic is high frequency signaling interposed on the power wires, in the 2~86 MHz spectrum (upper limit varies with PLC standard). Poorly designed power supplies pass this noise through to the internal circuitry of their device. In case of an audio device, this is what's making the PLC data traffic audible as noise.
Options
2018-08-28 00:30:06
If the power adapter for the speakers has a non-polarized AC plug, try reversing it in the outlet. If it is detachable, you could also try replacing it with a switching adapter of the same voltage and similar wattage; switching adapters should be more immune to power line noise than "old school" linear ones.
My recommendation: https://www.audioreputation.com/best-home-theater-systems/
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2324

Replies: 4

Related Articles