Upgrading AV200 N300 Adapter Kit...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-24 21:16:12
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Could someone please help me on the choice of gear to replace my six year old TL-PA211 AV200 kit that I use in conjunction with several TL-WPA281 AV200 N300 wifi adapters that I have scattered about my house in the UK.

I use the system for streaming HD TV (although I will need 4k transmission in future) and for web browsing on laptops. My maximum download `speed' at the router is about 66 Mbps, but this drops to about 40 Mbps via the TL-WPA281 wifi adapter. I was hoping to raise the latter to nearer the 66Mbps if I replaced the AV200 adapters with AV1000 (or higher) units. (My PCs have 802.11ac adapters incidentally). My problem is that, whereas I was able to buy several of the TL-WPA281 AV200 wifi adapters in single units, I can't find a retailer in the UK that sells TP-Link AV1000 (or faster) powerline wi-fi adapters in single or twin packs. Ideally, I would wish to buy the TL-PA9020 with several TL-WPA9610 adapters, and whereas I can buy the two as a starter kit, I cannot find anyone that sells the multiple single or twin packs of TL-WPA9610 adapters that I would need for the several rooms in the house.

Help in resolving this would be appreciated.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Upgrading AV200 N300 Adapter Kit...
2018-03-22 15:23:39
I don't see single extender either, then I decided to purchase another KIT, so now one is connected to my router, the other three are plugged into other rooms, and they all work fine(except of one in other room has no wifi, only provide wired connection)
Options
Re:Upgrading AV200 N300 Adapter Kit...
2018-03-22 19:09:57
If that's a house not just an apartment, go with AV1200 standard for much improved throughput on multiple clients. Also, for the sake of working Iive IPTV, all your network equipment must support "multicast" streaming, aka IGMP.

Since TP-Link's firmware has been patchy both in terms of throughput and reliability as well as IGMP being supported, I strongly recommend you look elsewhere. German manufacturer devolo have been amazingly consistent in getting both hardware and firmware perfectly right - and they do make UK models of their gear. If you have access to your house wiring, and the router is near the main fusebox, you should most definitely have a certified electrician mount a "dLAN pro 1200 DINrail" right in there and have the internet router feed directly into it. That little thing comes at a cost, but it makes a world of difference in terms of speed and reliability. Then cater to your endpoints with whichever 1200 series device fits best.

Devolo's WiFi-enabled 1200 series adapters come in a kit with one simple PLC adapter, or in a kit of three, or as a single unit - as you please. They also have a system that lets you easily share the same WiFi credentials across all adapters.
Options
2018-03-23 01:30:40
[SUB]Many thanks for the replies. Having now received confirmation from Tp-Link that Gbit wifi adapters are not available for sale as single units in the UK at the present time, I have decided to follow Peter Ms advice and go with the Devolo AV1200 units. May also follow up on the other advice re: dLAN pro 1200 DINRail when I have looked into it further. Your replies appreciated.[/SUB]
Options