DECO M5 units switching network gateway ip address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-27 16:55:13
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi

I have a FreeNAS file server installed in my home network.
Apparently it monitors ip entry modification on the network, and I've noticed I frequently get the following lines in my log file:
> arp: moved from to on igb0
> arp: attempts to modify permanent entry for on epair0b
> arp: moved from to on igb0

where is the mac address of the primary deco m5 unit which acts as a gateway, and is one of the other two, secondary, deco m5 units (this only happens with a specific secondary unit).

when examining the deco status through thte app, all seems ok ("all Decos are online"; "Deco is working well" listed for all three decos; "Gateway" is listed only for the primary).

Does anyone have any clue as to what is going on?
Options
4 Reply
Re:DECO M5 units switching network gateway ip address
2018-03-07 14:17:24
Hi Hanan,

May I know how do you connect the three Decos? Do you connect two Decos to the same modem with wired connection? Or only one Deco is connected to the modem by cable, and other two Decos are connected to the main Deco wirelessly?
Options
2018-03-08 02:40:45
Hi

The connection is as follows

Deco # 1 connected directly to the modem on one port and to a switch on the other port

The switch is connected to several wired ports on the same floor and to two other switches on two other floors

The other switches connect the wired ports on their floors and directly to a Deco (each on a different floor)

In summary, Deco # 1 is the gateway and is connected directly to the modem and on its other port to the two other Decos which are located on different floors

Options
2018-05-09 07:39:13
I still see the problem
I'm guessing it is happening also for other users who do not notice it as they are not looking at arp logs
1. is there any explanation?
2. is there any firmware update

on a side note, has anyone been able to connect the deco-m5 to a vpn service (e.g pia, ipvanish,...)
Options
2018-05-09 17:37:23
According to the log, the Deco units compete to be AP when they are connected via wire.
Sometimes, Deco 1 gets WAN IP, and sometimes Deco 2 gets WAN IP.
I just met this same issue and consulted tp support.
There will be a new release to fix one of them as the AP to avoid this issue.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 790

Replies: 4