SMB v1 protocol is not supported anymore in windows 10 We need SMB v2 or v3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

SMB v1 protocol is not supported anymore in windows 10 We need SMB v2 or v3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
23 Reply
Re:SMB v1 protocol is not supported anymore in windows 10 We need SMB v2 or v3
2019-10-12 16:24:52

@razvan974 

we need smb v2 or v3 I bought an Archer C3150 v2 for that purpose to share a drive on my network under windows 10. When the new firmware will be released ?

Options
Re:SMB v1 protocol is not supported anymore in windows 10 We need SMB v2 or v3
2019-10-14 01:59:04 - last edited 2019-10-14 02:07:59

@netty 

Thanks for your requesting.

Sorry to tell you that we are not sure when the firmware will be released. 

It is very suggested to keep an eye on official website and wait for the updates. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:SMB v1 protocol is not supported anymore in windows 10 We need SMB v2 or v3
2019-10-21 16:36:28

Hi @Kevin_Z 
Thanks for your reply. 
However HTTP/or HTTPS is not working anymore either, nor does the FTP suffice.
There is an USB connection on the modem that basically has no use, as SMB1 is  - as you should be aware now since a few years - not safe.  The statement that you are "not sure" about an update is also below expectations for TP-Link. As far as I can see there has been the situation of "not sure" for more than three years now.

There appears to be a 2018 update for the Australian version of the firmware tho. Is this usable for the European modems? and does THAT have the smb2 enablement in it?
What would be the implications of loading that firmware in the modem?

Kind regards :)

Rick

Options