Archer C7 WDS Configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-10 02:57:47
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I don't have the best english but I will try to explain my problem so you guys can help me.
I'm trying to connect my Archer C7 via WDS, I connect to the 5G band from the main router and try to connect to some websites. Some connect and the most don't, so I conclude that I have internet access but something is blocking the others. I tried changing the DNS but didn't worked, for now, I'm using Access Point but I lose many of the funcionalities.
Archer C7 V4
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C7 WDS Configuration
2018-03-15 11:34:44
No problem with C7 working as access point? I think it could be the WDS settings on the C7. Not that setting is wrong, since you can access some websites, and I guess the WDS status is "run".
Do you have the newest firmware?
Maybe it's compatibility issue? You know WDS with other brand router is not always successful.
Options
2018-03-16 01:28:26
So, working as access point, the internet works properly but the dns or channel (idk where is the problem) keeps disconnecting the internet, I'm unable to play a game for more than 2 minutes until it bug and disconnect again for more seconds.
I have the newest firmware and my objective is to connect to the main modem wireless. I tried and worked for 1 day but the other day it started to disconnect me like I said. When I'm on the DHCP range from the modem connected on the C7, the internet works until the DHCP from the C7 updates my ip.. And I can't define my ip to the range of the modem because C7 declares it's out of range.. I don't know if you understand, so, if I need to be more clear, I can manage some printscreens..
Options
2018-03-16 11:46:06
It seems you didn't disable DHCP server on the C7
https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-1385.html
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 881

Replies: 3

Related Articles