Archer C9 - Vlan option

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C9 - Vlan option

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C9 - Vlan option
Archer C9 - Vlan option
2018-03-14 15:18:51
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi guys, I stupidly purchased a c9 from amazon without knowing that they are region specific. I ended up with a V1 but it has no option for IPTV, my ISP needs to be set to vlan 10. Can anybody point me to some firmware that I could install that have this feature? I tried some different versions of firmware but the router rejected most of them. I did find one that had a vlan option - it said I had internet but I was getting dns server errors and no pages would load.

Thanks in advance
Dylan from New Zealand
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C9 - Vlan option
2018-03-15 10:11:09
Does the router have WAN IP address? Maybe it's about the DNS server. Change the router's DNS to 8.8.8.8
Options
2018-03-15 11:21:57
Its weird, with the beta firmware I found that had vlan, didnt have wan options
Options
2018-03-15 15:48:04
Well I just found this firmware https://www.tp-link.com/uk/download/Archer-C9_V1.html#Firmware and it worked first time straight away. Yay! now my vodafone TV doesnt work, plays tv for 10 seconds then just freezes. FML I think im done with this router
Options
2018-03-16 11:56:48
Ok got everything working with internet and Vodafone TV. If anyone needs this for future records. Download the firmware I posted earlier and in IPTV settings enable custom mode - Internet Vlan ID 10 - priority 0. Enable IGMP proxy, version 3 and enable multicast. Leave all lans as internet. Hope this helps someone someday.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1537

Replies: 4

Related Articles